Crime

DPS reports 2 off-campus robberies, 1 student injured

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

The two robberies occurred off-campus between Thursday night and early Friday morning, with one SU student injured, according to DPS. One incident occurred at the intersection of Marshall St. and Walnut Ave., the other occurred at the intersection of Stratford St. and Lancaster Ave.

One Syracuse University student has been injured following two robberies that took place near campus between Thursday night and early Friday morning, SU’s Department of Public Safety reported Friday.

DPS is working with the Syracuse Police Department to investigate the two off-campus robberies, according to DPS. SU is providing services to the injured student and others impacted by the incidents.

One incident occurred at the intersection of Marshall Street and Walnut Avenue while the other occurred at the intersection of Stratford Street and Lancaster Avenue. It is unclear which incident took place first. The suspects assaulted the victims before stealing “items of value” and fleeing the scene, according to DPS.

In the release, DPS said it is likely that the two incidents are connected based on early results from the investigations. In both cases, witnesses described the suspects as a group of three to four males driving a black, four-door sedan.

Witnesses to either incident can contact the SPD at (315) 442-5222 or DPS at (315) 443-2224 to provide information.

This story will be updated with additional reporting.