Rowing

Syracuse women’s rowing falls to No. 10 in latest CRCA poll

Meghan Hendricks | Senior Staff Photographer

Syracuse women’s rowing fell two spots to No. 10 in the latest CRCA poll released Wednesday.

Syracuse women’s rowing fell to No. 10 in the most recent Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association poll released Wednesday. The Orange had been ranked No. 8 in every poll since March 27.

SU didn’t compete this past weekend but fell to both No. 1 Stanford and No. 4 Cal in every race two weeks prior at the UVA Invite.

“We competed against some of the best teams in the country and learned a lot about our team and some valuable lessons,” SU head coach Luke McGee said in a press release after the meet. “We set up our schedule this way so that we can have these experiences now to prepare for championship racing season.”

Tennessee jumped up 10 spots to No. 5 over Syracuse. The Volunteers won 14-of-15 races at the Big Ten Invitational, beating several top-15 teams such as No. 9 Michigan and No. 12 Ohio State.

Syracuse will next race at the Lake Wheeler Invitational on April 26 in Raleigh, North Carolina, against No. 5 Tennessee and No. 11 University of Pennsylvania. At last year’s event, SU finished in second place, losing to Duke by only two points.